DNN Software Content Management Features
The DNN Software Platform is a free, open source web CMS and the foundation of every professional DNN Software solution.
Over 800,000 organizations worldwide have built websites powered by the DNN Software Platform.
Here are some of the standard modules that are installed ready to use with every edition of DNN Software. Many other modules are available and are best selected on the basis of what is needed per application.
Text / HTML Editor
- This module renders a block of HTML or Text content. The Html/Text module allows authorized users to edit the content either inline or in a separate administration page.
- This is by far the most used DNN module - besides text you can also load media such as images, flash objects, tables, links etc.
- Optional tokens can be used that get replaced dynamically during display. All versions of content are stored in the database including the ability to rollback to an older version
- This module renders a list of announcements. Each announcement includes title, text and a "read more" link.
- Banner advertising is managed through the Vendors module in the Admin tab. You can select the number of banners to display as well as the banner type.
- The core DNN Blog module can be replaced with the Sun Blog Module. This is arguably the best blog module on the market worldwide.
Document Download Module
- This module renders a list of documents, including links to browse or download the document. Documents includes an edit page, which allows authorized users to edit the information about the Documents (for example, a friendly title) stored in the SQL database.
- FAQs allow you to manage a list of Frequently Asked Questions and their corresponding Answers.
- This module renders single and recurring events and includes Master and Sub Calendars with Event Rollup, TimeZone Adjustment, Event Enrollment, and Event Notification.
Feedback Form and moderated comments
- Feedback allows visitors to send messages to the Administrator of the portal and in an associated module, display published certain feedback or comment items after they have been approved for publication.
- The core forum module for DNN may be replaced with third party software
Links to other websites
- This module renders a list of hyperlinks. Links includes an edit page, which allows authorized users to edit the Links data stored in the SQL database.
- The core map module for DNN
- This module renders Media files of various kinds, including social media, images, videos, music, and more.
News Feeds (RSS)
- News Feed allows you to aggregate a collection of syndicated news feeds in Rich Site Summary (RSS) format and render the results in a single sorted list.
- Survey allows you to create custom surveys to obtain public feedback.